The internet famous videographer Mike Strickland of Laughing at Liberals is now the center of a controversy. Gateway Pundit calls it
They’re not exactly neutral about it. They posted this video
Based entirely on this video, I had a Facebook conversation with our sponsor, attorney Andrew Branca of Law of Self Defense. Since everyone is apparently pinging Andrew on this, he asked me to publish the conversation so he could point to it rather than offer the same analysis over and over again on Facebook.
There is more, but it isn’t really relevant.
As you can see, this is very complicated with a lot of things that could go very badly for Mike Strickland.
Here’s another not very neutral report on the situation.
Where this video was posted. To be clear, Andrew did not watch this video before he commented.
Now my take. I think it was justified. I am convinced that he would be an idiot not to believe that the mob, in hoods and masks, would not have attacked him. He backed down and backed down and backed down until he was arrested.
- Huge number of mags. He had 1 large magazine in his handgun (which was NOT a Glock 18, despite what “Mike Bluehair” said in the second video). He had two in mag pouches on his left hip and two in his pockets
- Justification – Sacramento and Dallas. I already carry three mags. One in the gun and two in a double mag pouch. That’s 37 rounds of .45ACP. If I carried a 9mm (I’m planning on buying a SIG P320 Compact) I’ll be carrying 46 rounds. Is another two mags, not very accessibly stored in his pocket all that bad? Dallas was only a few days ago. He was at a Black Lives Matter rally in Portland. Is it completely off the wall to believe that he could end up lobbing rounds at a terror shooter? I don’t think so. And in Sacramento, the “anti-fascist” mob attacked white supremacists and the cops did nothing. They also attacked media at that event. Running out of ammo would be a horrible idea in a situation like that.
- He didn’t immediately leave after the confrontation.
- This is addressed in the “Mike Bluehair” video. Mike Bluehair repeatedly tells everyone “He was afraid to turn his back.” We all know what happens when prey starts running. Dogs chase.
- He “went there” in the first place.
- Umm, he had a right to be there and film newsworthy events. Duh. But that’s going to be hard to sell to a liberal jury in Portland.
Andrew has been a guest on the podcast before.
Take his class. It’s a great seminar for a fair price. And if you use discount code “Variety” at checkout you get 10% off.
Upcoming classes this year
August 13 – Oregon and Washington specific – Sherwood, OR
September 10 – Alabama specific – Talladega, AL
September 17 – Minnesota and Wisconsin specific – La Crosse, WI
October 1 – Pennsylvania and New Jersey specific – Bensalem, PA
October 15 – New York specific – Poughkeepsie, NY
October 22 – Iowa specific – Johnston, IA
The discount code “Variety” works for everyone. And don’t forget to tell a friend!